Dublin 2019 Hotels
Hotel bookings open January 9, 2019!
This page is where we will publish and update details of the Dublin 2019 hotels. See our accommodation page for general information information about accommodation, and the special conditions that will apply to hotel bookings.
- Hotel map – showing the hotels with which we have negotiated rates. Note that the location of Convention Centre Dublin is towards the right center of the map, just under the Dublin Port arrow. Here’s the complete LUAS mass transit map. The CCD is on the Red line, between the Major Square and Spencer Dock stops.
- Hotel details – information on the hotels and the agreed rates, as of December 2018. Each property has a Web page, linked below.
We have divided our hotels into three groups:
- Local Hotels – There are no hotels directly connected to the CCD, but there are six that are within a 10-minute (1 kilometre) walk, with distances varying between 280 and 900 metres. In two cases, there are public transport options that can be taken, that on average take at least as long as walking, but which reduce the distance to under 300 metres. We are in the process of contracting with all the hotels in this group. They are, in order of distance from the CCD: The Spencer Hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Custom House, Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, The Gibson Hotel and the Maldron Hotel Pearse Street.
- Easy Access – Not everyone will be able to get into our “Local” hotels. But Dublin is a small city with great public transport links. So, our next group of hotels are those where, after a short walk (generally under 500 metres), you can use public transport that will take you to a bus stop close to the front of the CCD or to the Luas (Light Rail) stop just at the back of the CCD. We currently have contracts with ten hotels in this category and hope to sign with up to four more. The hotels we are contracted with, in order of distance from the CCD, are: Trinity City Hotel, North Star Hotel, Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Hotel Dublin, Academy Plaza Hotel, Jurys Inn Parnell Street, Jurys Inn Christchurch, The Radisson Blu Royal and the Camden Court Hotel.
- Other Hotels – Finally, we have hotels that do not fall into either of the above categories, but which we have included as they are offering good rates. These hotels are therefore either more than a kilometre walk from the CCD, or require you to travel on two public transport links – that will increase your average (if not absolute) travel time. We are in the process of contracting with five hotels in this category, but may sign with an additional four bringing the total to nine hotels in the category. The hotels we are contracted with, in order of distance from the CCD, are: The Grand Canal Hotel, Buswells Hotel, Hyatt Centric The Liberties Dublin, Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, The Croke Park Hotel and Herbert Park Hotel.
- In addition to standard hotels, we have blocks at some apartments and hostels: NCI College, Key Collection ISFC Apartments, Key Collection Ellis Quay Apartments, Generator Hostel, Staycity Aparthotels Christchurch and Staycity Aparthotels Saint Augustine Street.
We have over 1,500 Hotel Rooms sleeping over 3,050 people contracted, and when combined with our dorm & apartment accommodation we can sleep over 3,600 people. We may be able to contract more accommodation later, but this will be at higher average rates than our current accommodations.
Note that a Single room may only have a single bed in it and not a double bed. Any room marked Twin will have at least 2 beds in it, and they are likely to be single beds. Any room marked Double will have at least one double bed in it.